Saturday, July 18, 2009

Polyphasic Sleep Intro

I have been wanting to try Polyphasic sleep for the past 3 years (since I was about 13) and have been quite intrigued with the topic. I gave it a brief try about a year ago, however, I found myself constantly oversleeping as I had school during the period I attempted it. As well, I was not very dedicated to it either. I have had sleeping problems my entire life and have had insomnia on and off throughout my life.

Polyphasic sleep is sleeping 20 minutes for 6 times a day (night). What this is supposed to do is train your brain to go through REM within those 20 minutes rather then waste hours through useless stages of sleep. A note, REM is the most important part of sleep. Babies are born with polyphasic sleep rather then the monophasic sleep that they grow into. Some animals are also known to do polyphasic sleeping.

Im hoping that my erratic sleeping behaviour will help me be able to start with Polyphasic sleeping. Alright, well im going to post Day 1 around 8pm as that will be an entire day of Polyphasic sleep for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment